You are hereHome ›
Greenville Technical College
Greenville Technical College is dedicated to using both qualitative and quantitative data to identify achievement gaps, to design responsive strategies, and to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions in academic and student service areas, all targeting student success.
Greenville Technical College has developed, and is creating cohesion between, interventions focused on improving the First Year Experience.
These interventions include:
- Bringing-to-scale a required New Student Orientation, in which 4,469 students participated in the Summer of 2010.
- Requiring a College Skills course (COL 103) for all first time in college GTC students, including one section of this course that offers academic coaching.
- Students will have the opportunity to form personal relationships with instructors, advisors, academic coaches, and classmates. The goal of the PILOT Leadership Academy is to help develop a support system here at the, where everyone is working together, motivating each other to be their best and complete their respective programs.
- Accelerate Math and English workshops for developmental students.
Established as a small institution in the 1960’s, Greenville Technical College has grown into a thriving four-campus system where over 15,000 full-time academic students, and 21,000 continuing education students change their futures with short-term training, programs geared to address today’s opportunities, or courses that will count toward a bachelor’s degree when they transfer. Students come first at Greenville Tech, with flexible scheduling choices, convenient locations, small class sizes, and instructors who work with students every step of the way.
Greenville Technical College is embracing and enacting a culture of change. In Fall 2010, of all undergraduate students, 31% were students of color and 45% of students received Federal Pell Grants.
- The Network
- Interventions Showcase
- Knowledge Center
- Cutting Edge Series
- Principles and Practices
- Tools for all States
- Achieving Success (Policy Newsletter)
- Data Notes (Data Newsletter)
- Get Involved