Offer a variety of professional development opportunities to Bay College faculty that supply them with a variety of active and engaging pedagogical techniques. The On Course workshop, which is encouraged of all employees, is also part of this intervention.
2014-15 Professional Development Activities
- Professionanl development resource center (created in 12-13) was enhanced. PDRC offers development opportunities to faculty and a space for faculty to share best practices.
- Bay Leadership Training has evolved from Partners in Leadership, which has focused on deep personal growth, self-reflection, and personal accountability.
- Leadership training has led to more efficient communication, more effective feedback, and a culture of inquiry.
- Fall 2014 opening days saw presentations by Rob Johnstone, launching efforts to strategically plan for a Guided Pathways initiative.
Goals for 2015-16
- Continue developing Bay Leadership Training
- Integrate Myers Briggs inventory into Bay Leadership Training
- Integrate Professional Development Resource Center (PDRC) into strategic planning updates and initiative communications
Start Academic Year:
Name of Institution:
Proportion of Target Population Served by This Intervention:
Outcome Indicators This Intervention Targets:
To contact this college about this intervention, take note of the ID above, ID #14285, and then fill out the intervention contact request form
Please note that for security purposes, contact information can only be provided to known contacts at active Achieving the Dream institutions.