Our latest Postsecondary Data Partnership (PDP) Course, Using PDP for Data Discovery and Decision Support, explores using the PDP to identify institutional performance gaps, assessing progress toward closing those gaps and leveraging the PDP to support decision-making. The course takes place virtually from May 15, 2023 – June 30, 2023.
This online course explores using the PDP to ask critical questions and use intersectional data to explore previously unanswerable questions, identify institutional performance gaps, assess progress toward closing those gaps, and leverage the PDP to support decision-making. The course structure provides a foundation for participants to interact with colleagues and mentors and collaboratively navigate the ever-growing demands for better data to inform better decisions and advance the use of equity-minded language/approach to the work.
We welcome interdisciplinary teams from a single institution to participate in the course, across student services, academics, institutional research/effectiveness and more. The course is designed for two- and four-year institutional users with PDP dashboards. Participants will engage in dashboard exploration, identify data insights, practice in equity-minded language, and plan use in their home institution.
Read the Using PDP for Data Discovery and Decision Support Syllabus to learn more.
As a result of completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explore the ways in which faculty, staff and administrators can contribute to data exploration and analysis.
- Describe the key metrics used by the field to measure progress in improving student success outcomes, and how the PDP enables colleges to implement them effectively.
- Explain how data-informed, equity-minded practices can be put into action at your institution.
- Use equity-minded language in describing insights gained from PDP dashboards.
- Apply intersectional use of the dashboards to identify gaps or progress in closing gaps.
- Explore how the student-level data files can be used to deepen insights found in the dashboards.
- Explore the use of tools to analyze insights by identifying policies, practices, and processes that impact the outcome.
- Develop a plan of action to activate the use of the PDP at your institution.
The online content is asynchronous and, once published, will remain open to participants for three months beyond the course end date. Each core lesson has a dedicated week where participants engage with the lesson content and complete the relevant exercises. The online portion is designed to require approximately 2 hours of engagement per week, totaling about 12 hours.
The seven live sessions occur on Tuesdays from 4:00-5:00 P.M. EDT on specified dates. Each live session will be announced before the meeting date and include the Zoom link. Participants are encouraged to join the live sessions for the Q & A, but all recordings are available for on-demand viewing.