Equity is at the center of what we do.
With the nationwide call for racial justice, colleges now — more than ever — are taking action. Community Colleges realize they must examine and redesign structures, processes, and attitudes that fuel inequities in order to create spaces where every student can thrive.
Achieving the Dream’s equity services offer community college leaders the insights, foundational skills, and transformational strategies necessary to improve equity at their institution. We work with college leaders, faculty, and staff to drive more equitable outcomes, with a focus on improving student success and completion rates of historically underserved populations.
"We are making marked changes toward creating a college-wide equity mindset thanks to our work with ATD’s expert equity coaches."
Teresa Leyba Ruiz, Ed.D., President, Glendale Community College
Achieving the Dream works with over 300 Network colleges across the country, helping them to identify and address equity issues on their campuses. Our staff, coaches, and subject matter experts act as partners to design and deliver solution-oriented consulting and coaching services customized to the context and needs of each institution.
Key Equity Service Benefits
- Co-create a strategic roadmap with prioritized recommendations on policy, practice, and program changes
- Attain unbiased, data-informed insights into the structural, process, policy, and cultural changes necessary for substantive equity improvement
- Develop and implement targeted strategies critical to closing equity gaps
- Provide faculty with resources and strategies to engage and connect with underserved and racialized student populations more effectively
- Develop and deepen your college’s equity capacity to move beyond statements and infuse equity principles into all aspects of the institution
Featured Equity Services:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion communication audit
- Equity policy inventory
- Equity professional development mini-workshop
- Equity opportunity assessment
Equity coaches and consultants
ATD’s team of expert coaches and consultants have multiple years of experience working with higher education leaders, administrators, faculty, and staff to advance equity, access, and inclusion at their institutions.Meet the Team
Explore the Latest
Reach out today to talk with our team about how we can support your Equity efforts.