Better Data. Better Decisions. Better Outcomes.
Achieving the Dream is a proud organizational partner of the National Student Clearinghouse’s Postsecondary Data Partnership (PDP), a nationwide effort to answer the call for better data to support improved outcomes. ATD strongly encourages all ATD Network colleges to join and become institutional partners.
Find out how the PDP is transforming the way colleges and universities measure student success so that every student can thrive.
“The Postsecondary Data Partnership complements our system dashboards by providing access to robust transfer outcomes, baccalaureate attainment and national benchmarks and by enabling us to easily share data with Achieving the Dream.”
Dr. Gregory DeSantis, Vice President of Student Success and Academic Initiatives, Connecticut State Colleges and Universities
“The PDP provides us access to key metrics like first year credit accumulation, gateway course completion and persistence rates that we disaggregate and use to inform actions to help more students gain momentum on their way to earning a credential.”
Dr. Philip Garber, Vice President of Planning, Institutional Effectiveness, and Technology, Elgin Community College
“We joined ATD’s rural college cohort, completed the PDP onboarding course and in one year went from monitoring student outcomes on spreadsheets to presenting at DREAM on how we use the PDP interactive dashboards to inform our transformation journey.”
Marcus Lewis, Director of Institutional Research and QEP, Halifax Community College
ATD provides the following PDP supports to institutions, systems, states, and organizations:
- Case-making webinars
- PDP adoption assessment
- Organizational partner checklist
- Mentored, six-week PDP onboarding course
- Data file preparation and submission checklist
- Technical briefs and assistance for file submissions
- Data summits and capacity-building workshops
- Data coaching
- Peer learning
A key benefit to the Postsecondary Data Partnership is access to better data for better decision-making. Hear from partnership representatives and leaders.
Learn more about the PDP’s approach to closing equity gaps, supporting data-driving decision-making that helps institutions make sure all their students are set up to thrive.
How It Works
Learn how the PDP is changing the way colleges and universities measure equity and student success.
- Access data on all new students
- Use an intersectional approach to disaggregate and explore student outcomes in areas such as early momentum, credential completion, transfer, and time-to-credential
- Monitor the impact of pathway reforms on early momentum metrics
- Use analysis-ready files to identify students who will benefit from additional supports
- Benchmark against peer institutions
- Share access to the dashboards with no per-user license fees
- Reduce reporting burden through data-sharing with ATD and other partner organizations
- Complement state and system-level dashboards with out-of-state transfer data and benchmarks
- Access institution-level data and a roll-up at the system level to determine where outcomes are improving
- Visualize data in a user-friendly format for state legislators and policymakers
- Monitor the impact of system/state reforms on student success and on narrowing equity gaps at the state level
- Centralize the data submission process to reduce the burden on individual institutions
- Access student outcome metrics that use a common data source and definitions
- Monitor the impact of organizational reforms on student success and on narrowing equity gaps at the organizational level
- Establish organizational benchmarks by which to compare your participating institutions
- Support your institutions in using and communicating data as a tool to support a culture of evidence that advances equity