Transfer student success is essential for equitable outcomes in courses, programs, and institutions: Nearly 40% of all college students will transfer at least once during their academic career. More than ever, faculty must be ready to support students who are navigating the often complex and challenging transfer transition.
Supporting Transfer Student Success: Five Key Faculty Practices is a new guide from the National Institute for the Study of Transfer Students (NISTS) designed to help faculty reimagine the ways they think about, teach, advise, and mentor transfer students.Download the guide
Each section offers a brief introduction grounded in the research and practice literature on transfer, a series of suggested actions faculty can take, and questions to prompt personal reflection or guide conversations with colleagues.
- Xueli Wang, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Peter Felten, Elon University
- Lance Gooden, Durham Technical Community College
- Jonathan Iuzzini, Achieving the Dream
- Emily Kittrell, National Institute for the Study of Transfer Students